Presenters receive 90 minutes to create a session including different presenters discussing about one specific topic or theme. Preference is given to symposia that are empirically-based, and present either new research data or the findings of systematic literature reviews. The format typically includes a chairperson and four presenters.
Presenters receive 90 minutes to create a session including different presenters discussing about one specific topic or theme. Preference is given to symposia that are empirically-based, and present either new research data or the findings of systematic literature reviews. The format typically includes a chairperson and four presenters. The chairperson, who may also be a presenter, develops the format and content of the symposium, provides a brief overview of the topic for the audience, and introduces speakers. Besides, the chair summarizes, integrates, and/or critically comments on the presentations and their relevance to future directions of inquiry.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
You are warmly invited to submit abstracts for symposium for the CARE4 – International Scientific Nursing and Midwifery Conference Nurses and Midwives CARE4 Innovation: Technology in Healthcare and Education taking place in Ghent, Belgium 7 – 9 February 2022.
Abstract submission deadline: 6 July 2021 23:59 CET
Abstract review deadline: mid-September 2021
Please, do not submit the abstract for symposia through the system but send it to email@example.com.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Only correctly submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed.
- Please, use this template for submitting the symposium.
- The abstract word limit is max. 1000 words (excl. title, authors and affiliations) for symposia.
- Please do not include tables and graphs in the abstract.
- The title should not exceed 150 characters including spaces.
- Do not write names or the title in capital letters.
No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or in the text of the abstract, as a “blind” review process will be used.
The abstract must include the following
Abstracts for symposia should be written in a structured way giving a brief introduction to the topic, the objectives of the symposium, then short sections including names and affiliations of the presenters, chairperson and/or discussant, each name followed by a short abstract of the individual presentations. The abstract must include a concluding section summarizing the expected learning outcomes for the audience.
All abbreviations must be defined in the first use.
Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” will not be accepted.
Authors can submit more abstracts.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the CARE4 2022 Conference Secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the submitter by mid-September 2021.
- Please ensure that your research has been approved by the relevant ethics committees (if applicable). Accepted abstracts for oral, poster and symposium will be published in the conference abstract book and the CARE4 website.
Each presenting author must register as an active participant immediately after the acceptance of an abstract. Failure to register shall not be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of the abstract.
CARE4 reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration by 30 November 2021 at the latest.